Do You Need Nar-Anon?
20 Questions - Is Nar-Anon for me?
1. Do you find yourself making excuses, lying or covering up for someone?
2. Do you have a reason not to trust this person?
3. Is it becoming difficult for you to believe his/her explanations?
4. Do you lie awake worrying about this person?
5. If it is your child, is he/she missing school often without your knowledge?
6. If it is your spouse, is he/she missing work and leaving bills to pile up?
7. Are your savings mysteriously disappearing?
8. Are the unanswered questions causing hostility and undermining your relationship?
9. Are you asking yourself, “What’s wrong?” and “Is it my fault?”
10. Are normal family disagreements becoming hostile and violent?
11. Are your suspicions turning you into a detective and are you afraid of what you may find?
12. Are you cancelling your social functions with vague excuses?
13. Are you becoming increasingly reluctant to invite friends to your home?
14. Is concern for this person causing you headaches, a knotty stomach and extreme anxiety?
15. Do minute matters easily irritate this person? Does your whole life seem like a nightmare?
16. Are you unable to discuss the situation with friends and relatives because of embarrassment?
17. Are you frustrated by ineffective attempts to control the situation?
18. Do you overcompensate and try not to make waves?
19. Do you keep trying to make things better and nothing helps?
20. Are the lifestyle and friends of this person changing? Do you ever think they may be using drugs?
If you have answered YES to four or more of these questions, NAR-ANON may be able to give you the answers you are looking for.
Reprinted from “Nar-Anon Offers Hope”" Pamphlet
Copyright 2014 Nar-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc. Used with permission.